Tuesday, December 29, 2009

a return to work

i just wanted to announce that i will be returning to work on Jan. 14. i look forward to getting back into doing hair and reconnecting with so many friend clients. i know many of my clients were given the link to this blog and have been following the story. for those of you that are reading and would like to get back on my book, please send me an email at jenvanderlinden@gmail.com. emailing is a much easier way to communicate right now. for those of you i don't hear from i will be making calls over the next week. if you have never been to me before for your hair and would like to, then you can also send me an email. i work on thursdays, and i would love to meet some of you that have been so supportive of our family through this blog.

i hope to hear from many of you soon and look forward to getting caught up again.

2 comments:

Arin and Troy said...

Add me to the books!! :)

Marissa said...

Again, . . . I know how your feeling. I remember going to the mall because I had been given a gift certificate for my birthday an I had no desire to even look. I kept thinking "I don't NEED anything here" I wandered around just lost. The employees would say "Hi, how are you" and I'd just want to break down and cry and tell them how I was REALLY feeling. In traffic, I was in a daze. I would get honked at (or worse) and I would just think "if these people only knew what I was going through" Nothing was "normal" anymore. Right before my husbands accident I was contemplating plastic surgery (nursing 4 kids really takes a toll on your body) and I was disgusted with myself for thinking that was important. I promise you, things will get better. They will never be the same but it will become a "new normal". It's actually a good thing that you have a new perspective on things. You will aways be reminded of what things are truly important. You will also have more compassion for others who may be going through difficult trials. I remember seeing everyone a little differently. Especially those at church who I knew had or were going through hard times. I had many struggles that I was afraid to talk to anyone about for fear that they would think I was ungrateful. This made me think of people I knew and wondered if they were struggling "silently" the way that I was. All these things are normal and will take time but you will be a better person for having gone through this experience. Hang on, it will get better.
Marissa

 
design by suckmylolly.com