Saturday, December 19, 2009

a healing hand

tonight i took the boys to our church christmas party. while everyone was very respectful to not bombard me, i still felt very overwhelmed. i couldn't help but think of how it would feel to be alone, without pete, showing up to every type of activity with just my boys. i was too lonely and was starting to convince myself that maybe he really was gone. i just wanted to go home. i stayed though and was very grateful that i did.

i was touched deeply by a video clip of Jesus Christ touching and healing sick people. i must have seen this type of clip 100 times throughout my life, and i always thought it was, well, nice. i believed that miracles like that could happen, but it seemed like a very distant time ago that they happened and in situations that would never be familiar to me. i choked with tears though in this particular video when Christ placed his hand over a woman's crippled hand and when he moved His hand away hers was perfect. i was made very aware of that same healing hand in pete's miracle healing. i can recall with exactness experiencing that moment with pete in his dark ICU room. it was so real it was almost tangible. i felt the Master's healing hand touching my husband's failing heart & kidneys, fluid-filled lungs, and damaged brain and making them whole again. it was an experience that i never would've just been able to imagine; it was real.

a tender video like this has forever taken on a new meaning to me. it may as well be our story every time. the healing power was no different. whether it be our story or someone else's, i certainly have an undeniable belief in miracles and the healing power. i'm grateful we stayed tonight to have that warmhearted reminder.

6 comments:

Ganny said...

wow!!!! A very touching story of your heartfelt emotions. I am always so happy to hear a report. Love Ganny

katwalk said...

yes it's TRUE The Savior Himself can do all things I'm so greatful that you have the faith it see and recieve His Works your heart has always been so Pure so in tune. so let your heart sing of this Miracle love you forever

browniemom said...

You don't know me, but I have been following your blog since "the incident". I admire your amazing strength, and faith. We had a very similiar situation happen to our family. Unfortunately, we did have the miracle you had. I have felt peacefully about it since I wrote about it on my blog.(see browniemom.blogspot.com - miracles). I think I am begining to understand miracles. I am grateful for your miracle, our family had been praying for you and your family. I am so grateful that families are forever.

Jon & Kim said...

You really don't know me either, I am a friend of Roxey's and I have also been following your blog. Don't worry I am a nice person and not a stalker!!!! I have loved following your story and hope you don't mind that you have people you don't know reading your blog. I think some times we go through experiences in our lives so others can gain a stronger testimony and grow. You have allowed me to grow just by sharring your thoughts. So thank you!!!

I have two boys and a little girl so I am so excited for you to have a girl. Boys are crazy!!!Again thank you so much for sharring!!! I hope you and your sweet family have a wonderful Christmas together.

Marissa said...

Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. When I read your blog it brings back so many memories. You can't go through something so traumatic and not be changed forever in many ways. There is this longing to go back to the way things were, yet you have learned and grown so much that you feel torn. One moment you feel like you are so blessed and the next you feel like you are being punished. You would think that having a near death experience would make you and him realize all the things you did wrong before and you would be changed instantly. You would always be kind to the ones you love, always be grateful, do EVERYTHING that the Lord wants you to do, etc. The truth is we are still human with all our weaknesses. It still takes a lot of effort. We are not perfect. We will still face many trials. We will still have moments when we are weak, selfish, ungrateful, depressed, feeling sorry for ourselves. Heavenly Father does not expect us to be perfect. He knows the desires of our hearts. It is hard to be patient, but the day will come when you will be grateful for this experience, as hard as it is. You will have a deeper love for your family, a better appreciation for your blessings, a greater sense of compassion for others. Hang in there! You can contact me any time for support. Marissa

sherree said...

Beautiful. Jenny.

 
design by suckmylolly.com