Friday, December 11, 2009

another important person


i'm sure we've all made a mental list of who the most important people were in pete's miracle; i know i've made my list, and i have a feeling there's a person on my list that may not be on anyone else's list. this person needs just as much recognition even if they didn't have a life-saving hand in the miracle. that person is pete's mom.

i'm not exactly sure how to express my gratitude to her for the role that she allowed me to play in his care. she let me call the shots on everything without stepping on my toes or butting in even once. some may just assume that that's what she should've done, but as a mother of 2 sons i can attest to the fact of how difficult that would be to do. i love my boys, and i know she must love pete even more; she has had the chance to love him for 31 years while i've only had 4 years with my boys. after spending pete's life protecting and nurturing him i can imagine that it would not be easy to turn that off or especially to turn it over to his wife who has only had the privilege of caring for her son 8 1/2 years. i appreciate her confidence in me to handle this type of crisis for her baby boy. i will start taking lessons from her now on how to turn that responsibility over; i'm not sure i will ever be able to turn my boys over with the grace, confidence, and respect like she has. i will start praying now that my boys find wives who are capable of caring for them like i do. :)

my mother-in-law may have thought i handled everything appropriately with pete's care, or she may have thought i did it all wrong; regardless of what she thought all i felt was her support and confidence in me. i don't know that i could ever repay her for that gift. the best i can do is offer my continued pledge to love and serve her son in exactly the way a mother would hope.

13 comments:

Ganny said...

I can only imagine, the pain that Jane went through in this ordeal. Jen I know without a doubt that she is just as grateful for you. Love, Ganny

Ganny said...

She is pretty too. Ganny

katwalk said...

Must have some kind of super power herself if she birthed the super hero she is blessed to call her son ;0 glad your there close Jane

Charity said...

What a beautiful recognition on your part, Jen. Thanks for sharing.

Ashly said...

cute!! I'd never thought about it that way!!

Kristen and Co. said...

She is wonderful, isn't she? So is her sister, Donette. Those Dansie gals sure know how to be a wonderful mother-in-law (Donette is mine). I've learned so much from her. Truely I have an angel for a m-i-l and so do you. So glad Pete is doing so well. We'll keep all of you in our prayers. I mentioned you all in my last blog entry, if you're interested. Love to you!

Meig said...

I don't know you, and you certainly don't know me. But please know that there is a random person (that works with Ryan) that cares very much, and has shed many tears, has said many prayers, and hoped for the absolute best for you and yours. I think about your family daily and hope that you find solace in each other and if you ever need a meal (I'm not good for much else, but would give almost anything a try) I am your gal.

Mike-Jami-Bridger-Foster said...

I sure love Jane so much! She is such a loving and caring person.. I know she taught her children to do the same. I've always admired how wonderful they all are.
I'm so very happy Pete fought through this whole thing, and Jen you were pretty darn amazing. We're still praying for you guys. I know you still have a long road ahead.
I would love to bring dinner sometime. I will find out from Sarah what I can do.

Dave Gourley said...

Great comments Jen. Pete's mom has always been awesome! I'm glad you give her credit for what must have been extremely difficult for her as well.

Jocee Bergeson said...

i honestly don't know shoe she did that. and i can't believe she really did. that is amazing. and one piece of the puzzle you didn't include is that her husband went through the same (or similar) situation so she would have especially felt like she had it all figured out.....that is an amazing gift!

Roxey said...

Great and meaningful post J. Love and prayers

Anonymous said...

Jen, I sure appreciate your sentiments about Jane. She has always been like a guardian angel in my life. So thank you for appreciating her, and I know she loves you as well. Love, Aunt Nina

katwalk said...

duh I'm abit slow sometimes .but doesn't Will look alot like Grandma Jane????just now seeing that..not so much Pete but Jane anyone else see that????

 
design by suckmylolly.com