Monday, December 7, 2009

Hard Realization

Today was probably the toughest yet. (mentally) All until now I thought" yea I went through a little scare but I will be back." Today I went to a therapist that ran though a gamut of cognitive test.On the way to the therapist I started thinking, "this little episode is going to leave me permanently damaged." I mean, I have a mechanical device to help me stay alive that is connected to my heart. My brain went without a fresh flow of oxygen for 7 minutes. I can't remember a whole week of my life. Yesterday is a little fuzzy and I am afraid that tomorrow it will be gone and today will be a little fuzzy. "How could this happen to me!" I am the guy that runs ultra marathons. I am the guy the works out everyday. I am the guy that loves my Friday ride because it challenges me to work harder the next week. I am the guy who......

Words of advice:
If you have ever had a doctor tell you watch your diet, had a family member that has had serious heart problems, felt that something is just not quite right inside.....don't be a know it, arrogant idiot, ignorer of reality, because and one time or another it's better to face reality that your body is broken then to end up.......


Pete


PS. Sorry for this rant it's just been an interesting day

9 comments:

Ashly said...

wise words of advice!

Ganny said...

Great to see a report again, still sounds pretty darned good to me. Love Ganny

Lindsay said...

Try not to get too discouraged. It's amazing how far you have come in one week. You have plenty of time to get back up to speed.

We'll keep praying your therapy helps in the way you need it and that you can get some rest and relaxation.

Luckily for you Jen's a fabulous cook so I'm sure any diet you are on will still taste good no matter what the restricitons!

sherree said...

You know, Pete, the brain is an amazing thing. From what I read on the posts YOUR brain and heart and love and uniqueness are amazing. I've read that the brain never stops making new connections and pathways (unless maybe someone's mean and their brain shrivels up like a walnut till it plumps with love again :) - and I think you totally freaked your brain out but it will start to trust you again and reconnect in your own amazing way. Yes, i think you have survived a miracle but that you are a MIRACLE IN PROGRESS. Never met you - but - Love You!!!!!!!!!!!!

lee said...

Hang in there my friend.

Roxey said...

Hang in Pete. Love and prayers, rox

Melanie Lutz said...

Man you are STILL here to rant! Congratulations!!! =)

The Youngs said...

I don't think I have ever teared up more then when I read your guys blog. You have something truly amazing going on!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Pete,
You are amazing and your words are so real! I am so thankful that I know you and that I can look at you, and your family, and their strength, and learn from it. You are a true teacher... of love, of wisdom, of hope, and of strength...thank your that and please thank your wife. I love you all and I am thinking of you. Love, Trish Martinz

 
design by suckmylolly.com