Tuesday, December 1, 2009

an overwhelming day

there's still a very good reason to be hopeful. it has been quite the overwhelming day for me! my heart is so full of gratitude to have pete back in some capacity, the support and love that we have received, and the amount of interest from so many that we know well and not so well; it has consumed me. in the rare moments that i haven't been focused on the gratitude i have been a little confused, confused about what our future will hold. however, i am relieved that he is at least back in a capacity that is doable. if by chance it never progresses past this i think i will be able to do it. i will be tired though. i'm tired now. it takes a lot of energy to repeat myself so many times and to try to convince him of the same old story. he's calm tonight. i've relived the last 3 days a million times in this quite moment with him. now that we are ready to call it a night and try to sleep i can't stop thinking about the last moment i had with him relating to sleep. yesterday i went home to straighten up our bedroom from the night of the crisis. i was afraid of how scary that would be. however, it was one of the most peaceful and hopeful moments i have had through all of this. i laid down on his side of the bed and cried and pleaded that i wouldn't have to sleep in that bed alone. there was an overwhelming presence of him encircling me and reassuring me that i wouldn't have to sleep in that bed alone like i had feared. i got up with a renewed sense of hope. now that i am here with him having him beg me to get in bed with him tonight to sleep i also have a renewed sense of hope that great things are still happening. continue to hope that with a new day there will be new pieces of good news to report.

12 comments:

Ashly said...

Oh man, Jen, I can't even imagine how overwhealmed you must be! Hang in there. We are still praying for you!
Give us updates too. What does he remember? What does he think and say to you guys? How is he acting?

BreAnna said...

Wait is he home already? I am thinking of you constantly, I think i have checked your blog at least 30 times today. Take time for what you need, but as you find time please post updates as to how you, pete and the boys are doing, thank you for taking your precious time to do this!

Jocee Bergeson said...

sounds like you guys are home. that is HUGE! i can't believe it. i'm so happy for any progess he makes and that you still have him. keep us updated. i know you're busy, but we are all thinking about you guys constantly and so hopeful for your future together....

o said...

Pete and Jen,
We just heard the news. We just want you to know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. PLEASE let us know if there is anything you need. Tell Pete that we have many more miles to run together!!

linds said...

jenn,
i know pete from wxhs, i sort of work with him (i teach at bhs's learning center)and we know lots of the same people...anyway, the point is we are praying for you and your family. i cried when i read your last post. hang in there, i know what an overwhelming day feels like and i admire your strength, courage and faith.

Stormy said...

I too have checked your blog at least 30 times a day! I've been so concerned and hopeful for you guys. You are doing so well through all of this. Be patient with yourself and Pete. Together you'll reach new heights because of this experience. Still praying and hoping the best for you both and your sweet kiddos.

I look forward to reading more about how everything progresses.


Love,
Stormy

Julie Church said...

We will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. I am happy to hear you had a wonderful day with him. As the medication decreases I bet the repeditive questions will too!

Meghan said...

it was not so long ago (like yesterday) when i said it was going to be a long road... and it will be. but gratefully pete will be there with you (even if sometimes he can't remember where you are headed ;)

i remember when charlie was in ths hospital and newly "out of the woods" and he had this awful brain injured cry/scream that he did all the time. and secretly i feared that was as good as it might get for him. you know it wasn't. he rarely screams. he smiles. he has joy. and most importantly, he likes me....
the brain is an amazing machine. it figures out how to re-route itself to make stuff work. i know it is going to get better for you and for pete.
hang in jen. i am sure you are spent. be sure to take care of yourself and your little lady. i know its hard, but try to draw some strength from petes fan club and all of the people who love you and are praying for you all over the place.

Lindsay said...

Jen,
Today felt like Christmas had come early. Your miracle has brought a new light to the day. Was it me or did the sun shine a little brighter?

I love you guys and am so thankful you still have Pete. Please let us know what the drs are saying, how Pete's doing, and what you and the boys need. I have driven by your street several times going about my day and have wished I could stop by and give you a huge hug- someday. Until then, know any burden you guys are asked to carry will be happily shared with all of us who love you.

Anonymous said...

Jen, Our family is praying and fasting for your family. I learned when David and Dan were sick that there is nothing better for recovery than the fasting and prayers of the 45th Ward. I know you have this blessing also. Expect more miracles. Take Care, Cari H.

sherree said...

Oh Jenny - I've read that God won't give you what you can't handle - but recently my life got better when I read that God won't give you what He is not willing to offer you His strength to help you through. Just always remember that you are never, never alone in every moment and every breathe. I bow to you, Hero.

Ganny said...

I am so overwhelmed with everything.I have heard of MIRACLES, I have seen MIRACLES. NONE COMPARE with THIS ONE. Jen You are so numb,and confused as well as Pete at this time. I am also, this morning the phone rang and I was at the computer, (I now have fast internet and no phone tie up.) Anyway I answered with the mouse and no one was there. I am so inspired at all the comments to your blog. PRAYER, GOD is AWESOME Jen IF you could possibly spare a minute. I would love to hear your voice. Love Ganny

 
design by suckmylolly.com