Monday, May 18, 2009

love birds

i recently ran across this journal entry i wrote awhile ago about pete. i was so happy that i wrote it and so happy to have found it again during pete-a-kah! so here's my pete-a-kah gift today....

"i loved my my early morning walk this morning. i loved the clear sky and crisp air. i loved the quiet streets, and i loved knowing that pete and the boys were at home and would be waiting for my return. but the part i loved the best was the birds. i heard one couple calling to each other. one was on the rooftop and the other was in a tree right above me. i watched the bird on the roof calling and watching the bird in the tree. the call was so loud, so clear, so purposeful. i loved the obvious response call. i haven't been able to stop thinking about that. i know very little about birds, but i do know some have mating calls. i think i was witnessing that call today. i thought about my mating call to pete. is it as obvious and as focused as the birds i saw this morning? what am i calling? what is my call? what do i want it to be? after pondering that question throughout the walk and day, i now know what i want my call to say to him. i want to call to pete that i trust him, that i support him, that i will follow him anywhere, that my life is about him, too. i want my call to be as loud and as purposeful as the birds today on my morning walk."

3 comments:

Heidi said...

That is so sweet and a wonderful concept. Thanks for sharing your journal thots. I enjoy hearing them. :)

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

Very sweet.

Pete said...

Thanks Snookie that made me smile. The next time you want to express your mating call just walk up to me naked and I'll get the hint. Oh wait did you mean it that way......

 
design by suckmylolly.com