Sunday, January 17, 2010

my favorite lesson




many lessons came out of pete's ordeal; many of those lessons have changed my soul and changed how i try to live every day. my favorite lesson was about not wasting time, not wasting moments; i wrote about that here.

i've thought about that constantly. i don't want to waste anymore of my life not living how i most want to live. a very comforting memory when pete was in the hospital was how much we had shared and done together. i did not have regret that we passed up too many opportunities or that we didn't do enough with each other. i don't ever want that regret, especially when i don't have to. pete and i don't ever want to have that regret. we won't waste this.

i want to live more. serve more. learn more. travel more. create more. share more. give more. laugh more. read more. love more. and enjoy more. now is the time for that. no more excuses.

on the list of things i've always wanted to do is start an etsy shop. in case you are unfamiliar, etsy is a website where artisans can sell all types of handmade things and others can buy beautiful handmade items. i love creating things, and i've been interested in having an avenue to share that with others. that is why i'm attempting to sell on etsy. the 1st item i have listed is a framed hand embroidery piece that is a constant reminder of the important lesson of not wasting the time we are given. if this lesson became important to you and you would like a constant reminder, then please check out my work by clicking here. i also have a link to my etsy shop on my side bar. if you have questions, then please feel free to email me at jenvanderlinden@gmail.com.

thanks for your support in helping me to "not waste this".


4 comments:

Ganny said...

A great idea!!! I have heard of this website.My desire was to sew in my home for profit. I did so for 23 years.. Profit?..... questionable Enjoyment? definitely.
I am now searching the internet for Smocking patterns. I love doing it and it is so beautiful.
Good Luck with ideas.

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

This has been on your "To Do List" for awhile now so I am glad this experienced has given you the nudge you needed to do it! I am sure you will find it enjoyable and I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Anonymous said...

Jen, you have got to become a writer of some sort. I love your philosophy of life....very impressive! Maybe you could write a book in your SPARE time... when you are not sewing!

Roxey said...

I love it! I want one!! :)

 
design by suckmylolly.com