Thursday, January 7, 2010

another minor event

we seem to continue to have minor medical problems around here; perhaps pete's incident left a medical vibe in the air. today the incident was with will. he stuck at least 3 raisins up his nose. i can keep my cool while my husband is having a cardiac arrest on our bedroom floor and i'm his only life-line, but when my 2 year-old opens the shower curtain to show and tell me that he has raisins in his nose i completely lose my brain. i was in a frantic attempt to get clothes on to take him to the emergency room when i decided to let pete have a go at the recovery. he had will just blow his nose and what we thought were all of the raisins came out. whew, i was grateful i didn't rush him off. a small amount panic came back over me about 20 minutes later when will told me he had another raisin and i could see yet another raisin descending his nostril. i called pete to the rescue before i got over-anxious. he had him blow again, and it was out. thank goodness i'm not left to be the only one in charge over here! :)

7 comments:

katwalk said...

hope that all of them always something glad Pete knew what to do

Ganny said...

KIDS!!!!!!!! HUSBANDS!!!!!!!!!!
Women have such a stressful everyday life.

Candice said...

LOL! My brother stuck a red tic tac up his nose when he was about the same age. My parents had to take him to the ER because it was burning SO BAD! They told them to just wait for it to dissolve.

MaryKate said...

My sisters boy did the same thing but with a small marble. Her she almost rushed him to but her husband just had him sleep on it and it came out in the night. Crazy huh. Not that I recommend the sleeping on it... Good thing you have Pete!!!

The Nickell Family said...

Is this what I have to look forward to with a boy??? I'm glad it all worked out..

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

That is gross.

katwalk said...

maybe your still going to taking little things in the big trade off you said you would gladly do them

 
design by suckmylolly.com