Tuesday, January 19, 2010

dirty refrigerators & other things

a weird night for us... will spilled a pitcher of juice in an attempt to pour his own cup. it went under the refrigerator, so we had no choice but to move it and clean underneath. oh, wow! talk about that needed to be done 2 years ago! yuck!

i think before the incident i would have just expected pete to have moved the refrigerator and helped me; i would've been so hung up on the expectation that i wouldn't have even been able to focus on how grateful i was that he was helping. tonight i was definitely grateful. i was delighted that i married the type of guy who is always willing to get in there and get a job like that done, and i was super grateful that he was still here doing those kind of things.

the weird part is where i took it from there. i should've just finished cleaning the rest of the floor once the refrigerator was moved back. instead i decided it would be a good idea to clean my black kitchen hutch that had been collecting random papers and junk for the last year. ok fine, but then i had papers to file so i decided i would just clean out the filing cabinet that i was going to be filing in. i spent almost 3 hours working on this job. now it's bed time, and my kitchen floor is still dirty, dishes in the sink, laundry needed to be folded, and i haven't even looked at the new stack of books from the library or worked on the quilt that i have going. but darn-it, my hutch and filing cabinet are organized. this is a quality/handicap that i do not love about myself. i don't see it changing anytime soon. oh well... i guess there will always be tomorrow to do the other things.

2 comments:

Ganny said...

My goodness that sounds like me. I am a firm believer in organization. (smile). It seldom happens, but is a good idea. I know I have told you this story, but if so, I don't remember, and you may be forgetful. I had a dear neighbor tell me,after I apologized for my messy house, " your house does not look messy, it looks lived in". I still use that excuse today. " Come on in and enjoy my lived in look".

Poor little Will, hope he never got in trouble.
Broken eggs on the floor is what gives me goosebumps.

Sherrie said...

Those are the times i have to use my scripted response. (w/ a big smile, I say "Accidents happen. That's O.K.") And on the inside I'm saying "But, why didn't you..." or "If you would have..." Still that doesn't always work, though. Glad you got your fridge cleaned under and glad Pete was home when it happened! Went to your etsy shop. That piece is adorable.

 
design by suckmylolly.com