Thursday, August 18, 2011

almost 2 years, but still....


i know it has been almost 2 years since pete's near death cardiac arrest,
but i still think and speak of it often.
i especially think of it at times when he is wrestling our boys on the grass in our front yard,
pinning sam without a chance,
and using will as his sidekick,
and finding a way to throw maggie into the mess.
i find myself shedding tears of gratitude that we got another chance,
and we have not forgotten how lucky we are.
perhaps with the passing of more time,
we have grown more grateful as we have seen all the experiences we would have missed if he would have left us.
we won't waste this time.

4 comments:

sherree said...

Powerful! Also your quote about being kind because everyone you meet is facing a battle of some kind which I think was already on your blog before that happened. I try so much to remember that in all my interactions with others. Love your posts and your Spirit!

Debby Sharp Johnson said...

You are blessed and you know it, which makes you wise! Wisdom is also a blessing. Just so very happy for you all!!!

Pete said...

I appreciate the kinds words... but the picture? Just kidding, driving the boat was a lot of fun I guess a picture is worth a 1000 words

Love ya.....and glad I am still alive.

Nancy Seljestad said...

what a nice blog. I am happy for you that you have a gratitude attitude! enjoy your life as you now are and you will have no regrets.

 
design by suckmylolly.com