Wednesday, April 1, 2009

sam's tractor blanket is finally....


FINISHED! it was actually finished months ago, and here i am actually getting pictures. this was a labor of love, one that he already cherishes. i loved his very reaction of the almost finished product. he wanted to sleep with it before i sewed the binding on. as soon as i spread it on his bed he started jumping up and down saying "i love it! i love it!" and i LOVED that reaction.

around his birthday all he talked about was a big boy bed and having tractors in his room because "he only likes tractors." this is the design i came up with to start his tractor room. i chose the green because that's his favorite color, the blue because he already had so much in his room, the orange because that's the color he looks the best in (and i wanted to remember that), the black & yellow because it looks like a tractor. I LOVE IT!

the part i love the most was not the finished project or all the hours spent working on something i love, instead i loved all the time sam spent on my lap while i was pushing it through the sewing machine. he watched with quiet fascination on so many occasions during the process. i also loved the time together when will was sleeping. sam would sit on the countertop next to me with his batman and superman figures for hours pushing them in and out of my button and thread jars. i'm hoping that part of that fascination will stick; i hope he will always be inspired to create. I LOVED IT!




my favorite part...


5 comments:

Brooke said...

So cute! Sam is one lucky kid!

Ashly said...

I love it! Good job.

Ganny said...

Hey what a creation!!!!!!! I am so anxious to start another quilt. Still have so many shirts to finish. Not too excited about doing them, but I DO LOVE my lifestyle. Thanks to MoBetta. I have five more quilts finished at the Quilters. I will get them Friday. I have five more to take and that is all. I will ptobably quilt the twin sizes, myself that I will make. Remember how you kids watched me sew. Love Ganny

sarah jane said...

Holy cow the quilt is beautiful. I can not believe how talented you are. I abosolutly love it, just like Sam does.

Meghan said...

that is priceless jenn. you are filled to the brim with talent.

 
design by suckmylolly.com