Monday, April 26, 2010

days like this

do you ever read people's blogs and feel like their lives are perfect?
they are the perfect mother and they do everything right and everything just works out for them?
there are a few blogs like that that i read.
i hope my blog doesn't come across that way ever.
we have a lot of great days and some not so great days.
today was one of the not so great ones.
just to prove it, here's what's happening.
i thought i was the breastfeeding pro, but it's not going so well the last week.
let's just say i'm sitting here with a breast infection and bloody nipples while pete is feeding her a bottle.
i can't stand to be touched because it hurts so bad.
that makes it hard when you're the human jungle gym for a 4 and 2 year old.
i've yelled at them a lot today,
saying things like please get off of me and go on.
those aren't things i like to say, and i can't bear the hurt and confusion they have when i say that to them.
equally as bad i can't stand the thought of not being able to feed my own baby.
i'd like to think i have a pretty high pain tolerance, but the cracked, bloody, infected nipples are producing a type of pain that i am on the verge of not being able to endure.
i can't bear that thought,
the thought of possibly not being able to feed my baby.

see, not every day is a great day around here.

5 comments:

Suzie said...

Okay...just have to ask/say one thing: have you actually been diagnosed with the infection or has your doc seen it? I was in SO much pain nursing Claire at one point (and bleeding also) and it turned out that she had thrush and in turn, I ended up with it on my skin (resulting in pain, cracking, and bleeding). Don't know what your exact situation is but I thought I'd put in my 2 cents...

Hope it all gets better soon!!!

BreAnna said...

Oh Jen, I don't have much to say to a mother of 3, but working out the nursing seems to be crazy for almost everyone. It seems that when you are in those crazy days that everyone else just has the right amount of milk and a perfect latcher. But one way or another I think we all have crazy days. You are an excellent Mother!

Meghan said...

i know my blog is one of those you are talking about, because of my charmed life and angelic children (oh, how i laughed through that whole sentence).
no, one of the reasons i love your blog is because you seem to do better at what i try to do, but you are still real.. you're a good example for me.

good luck with the boobies. that is the worst. it's ok she's on the bottle for awhile, she won't remember (and it's a good job for petey). get those tata's healed up and she'll never even know she had the bottle for a couple weeks.

Ganny said...

That is too bad. BEEN THERE!!!!! also lots of experience in the Dairy Barn, with "udders". I am sure you have a temp. also. Time will take care of it, but in the meantime, ask the question, Eve, why did you eat the apple? We women pay for it big time.

Ashly said...

yikes. Good luck with that. It sounds REALLY painful. I hate problems like that - - they get to you mentally as much as they do physically. Hopefully things get better quickly! Make sure you get some antibiotics if it is an infection - - they work wonder.

 
design by suckmylolly.com