Monday, March 31, 2008

Boring Blogging Girl

Yes, the title is referring to me. Yes, I know I have been slacking with my blog. I guess I have just been spending too much time reading all the other cool blogs I have found. Even better than that, I have just been enjoying my life. Nothing about my circumstances has changed other than I am no longer suffering from those post-partum blues. YEAH!! It took 8 months of being down, but one day it was just all gone. Now I'm just playing catch up on enjoying all the day to day things that used to just annoy or overwhelm me. Don't get me wrong, there's still chaos around here, but I'm finally enjoying it. Read on down for a few posts about recent events around here.
Oh, what else have we been doing?? I've been sewing; I'm making a really adorable baby quilt right now for a special little boy who has really inspired me. I'm also reading a great book: A Thousand Splendid Suns. EXCELLENT!! I've organized a cleaning schedule for me so my house stays relatively clean all the time. If you would like the details then let me know and I will post the method. It has worked out really well. We are still obsessed with American Idol and counting the days until the return of The Office (next Thursday by the way!!).
Probably my favorite thing that we have been doing around here is home remodeling projects. We are buckling down and finally adding some long overdue curb appeal to our humble abode. Saturday we painted our brick wall white. It looks really good. We are still trying to decide what to do with our fireplace and mantel. Any suggestions? Send them our way. We also had a plumber here today to give us a bid on a major bathroom expansion project that would extend our master bath and allow us to put a tub in. We are really on a roll. While we're at it we will paint our brown wall, paint our front door, replace the rest of the interior doors, etc. etc. Yeah for a husband who is on board!

9 comments:

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

I totally forgot to come see this...why do your kids have to be sick!! What if you painted the fireplace black and pulled that door off the front. Just an idea.

MaryKate said...

You need to take a picture of your house with the painted brick - or I'll try and make it by to take a peek. I'm so excited for all your new updates. Christian finally just got to our fireplace and built a whole new one! It's on my blog you should check it out. He did a really good job! Give me your email so I can put you on my list!!! mktraeden@gmail.com

Arin and Troy said...

I think the new white wall looks really good! I bet it really changes the look of that front room

Meghan said...

i love spring projects - i have such a list, now i just need to do them! I am totally interested in your schedule - i am all about anything to make things organized and easier. would you email me the details? meggie_w@msn.com
ps. the white wall looks great having not seen what it looked like before...

Ashly said...

Good job on all the home remodeling jobs. I want to get some done too! And, i would love to see your cleaning schedule too. I REALLY need to figure out how to get this place clean and keep it that way.

Groove The Dance Studio said...

love the wall, hate the pink eye! My kids get it too.....I have a cleaning schedule too, that I'd like to compare! Always up for new ideas!

Ganny said...

i could sure use a schedule, but would forget where i out it. hee hee, Love ganny

Ganny said...

whoops ..... I would forget where I PUT my shedule.......Ganny

Ganny said...

schedule....boy I am thinking fast and writing slow, or visa versa Ganny

 
design by suckmylolly.com