Wednesday, March 5, 2008

why????

why is it that on the days that your house is clean no one ever stops by? but on the days it's a mess you always seem to get a visitor? It's almost as if they can sense the disaster that is lurking behind your doors and they just want to give you an unpleasant wake up call that you need to clean. Not only did I have an unexpected visitor today, but she wanted to use my bathroom, too. Of course it was one of those bathroom days where the dirty clothes are in the floor from showering, toothpaste and dental floss still on the counter, no toilet paper, newspaper & magazines out, everything needs to be wiped down especially the dirty toddler hand prints and dirty base board right in front of the toilet, bath toys still in the tub with the shower curtain open, no clean towels, and plenty of other miscellaneous mess. I'm really hoping that I'm not the only one that has days like this. Or at least I hope that my random visitors have them, too. Better yet, I just wish my random visitors would stop by on the days that my house is actually clean. :)

7 comments:

Brooke said...

I feel your pain. My visiting teachers came the other day and I had just enough time to clean the house, but never got to the bathroom. Of course the one time they come that I don't get to it they ask to use the bathroom.

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

Lesson- Never ask to use someone's bathroom unless it is absolutely an emergency!! I can totally relate to that feeling and then after they leave instead of being glad they came to see you, you just don't even want to look around to see exactly how messy the house really is. And then what's the point of cleaning up then!!!

Unknown said...

My in-laws and parents both seem to always come over when it is a tornado zone at my house - I just hate it!!!

Stormy said...

I understand what you mean--been there, done that. The missionaries dropped by unexpectedly the other day and of course, they needed to use the bathroom. I hate having to say, "hold on, let me make sure it's ready or available." I always feel so retarded in those moments. LOL.

Moral of the story--NO ONE is perfect and NO ONE'S house is perfect 100% of the time! ....and THAT'S OKAY!!!

I'll bet the person that dropped by felt relieved to know they're not the only one with a house that isn't always perfectly clean 24/7.

p.s. I generally don't ask to use a bathroom in someone's house (like your sister said) unless it's an emergency. I can always tell when it would be best that I wait and avoid making someone feel so distressed.

Arin and Troy said...

I think everyone lives through this except our most embarrassing room is usually the kitchen. At least now that we don't have the dogs in the house it doesn't smell like a swamp all the time anymore!

Heidi said...

Hey, It was fun to run into your blog! It was fun running into you while we were in Utah a couple of years ago at the Apple store and then again at the Joseph Smith Building.
I hope you guys are doing great!

Roxey said...

now you know why i don't let you just 'stop by!'

 
design by suckmylolly.com