Thursday, October 15, 2009

apples, apples, apples, who wants an apple?


we have oodles of beautiful and tasty apples around here. i can't believe how lucky we are to have a tree that produces such delicious fruit, and it is our luxury to pick and eat them all day. i've wanted to share them; i had the best of intentions this year. it just didn't happen. maybe next year? until then, i'm still trying to figure out how to use up the rest of these beauties. the boys and i unanimously agreed to stay home all day and work on applesauce and apple juice. i'm grateful for home and grateful for the yummy mess that we will have at the end of the day, and i can assure you it will be messy. :)


5 comments:

The Birth Control Pill said...

ohhhh green apples with caramel is one of my favorite snacks. too bad i am in california; i'd come take some apples off your hands. happy saucing today!

Pete said...

Don't give to many away!! I won't have any to chuck at neighbors.

Jocee Bergeson said...

we've been doing the same w/ peaches!!

The Nickell Family said...

I wish I lived closer!!!! I just got an apple pie filling recipe today that I want to try out. You can take a look, it's at www.myfoodstoragedeals.blogspot.com

Ganny said...

my mouth is watering. Love ganny

 
design by suckmylolly.com