Saturday, August 2, 2008

Name that handsome YOUNG couple...






You guessed it; that handsome young couple was us  7 years ago on this day. It was our wedding day. I can't believe it has already been 7 years! It has certainly been 7 lovely years.  The best way I could describe how our marriage has been is with this quote Pres. Hinckley made so famous: "In our old age my beloved companion said to me quietly one evening, "You have always given me wings to fly, and I have loved you for it." " This is Pete for sure.  He has been my biggest supporter and gives me as much freedom as I could ever want to develop into the best individual I can be.  He really has a quiet understanding of how a marriage should work. However, we are not perfect, but we really enjoy each other.  I hope to have so many more years as happy as the last 7 have been. 

Here we are now... a little older, a little wiser, and a lot more tired but still happily married. 

We had a great anniversary celebration; we went back to Providence Inn just like we have almost every year. Pete popped for the bridal suite this time; it really helped make us feel like newlyweds again. The part we enjoyed the most was just being together & talking with no distractions. We can't wait to see what this next year will bring.

Pete enjoying our private balcony

Testing the deep tub

6 comments:

Arin and Troy said...

Happy Anniversary! It really doesnt seem like you guys look any different! That's a good thing, right??

The Nickell Family said...

Happy Anniversary....The Providence Inn looks like a really nice and relaxing place to stay...we may need to check it out when we're up there again!

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

Congratulations you two CrAzY LoVeBiRdS!!! Looks like you had a good-time. I am sure just getting away together anywhere was great.

Dana Marie said...

Happy Anniversary!! It's exciting to see married people who actually love each other. It gives me hope for the future! You guys are so cute together!

Ashly said...

How fun!! Happy Anniversary!! That's really exciting. We're almost up the the 7 yr mark too. Time flies, doesn't it!

Ganny said...

Enjoy every year...month....day.....hour...minute. Life hurries. Love ganny

 
design by suckmylolly.com