Thursday, February 7, 2008

a sad dose of reality

I had a depressing reality check today about motherhood. A client reminded me today that children feel differently about their parents than parents feel about their children. All this time I have been subconsciously assuming that my children will always want me around and that they would walk to the ends of the earth for me just as I would do for them. Think about it, do you feel the same about your parents that you feel about your children? I don't, and I don't currently know anyone that does. How is it possible to love someone so much? I'm just having a hard time wrapping my mind around how differently children care for us. My client also told me this quote: "A mother can take care of 10 children, but it takes 10 children to take care of 1 mother." If this is the case then I'm in trouble, I've only got 2 kids!!

Such a random thought I know...this blog is starting to turn into my journal...

5 comments:

Ashly said...

That is kind of sad, isn't it? It probably takes 10 kids to take care of one mother because by that time the 10 kids each have their own kids to take care of in addition to their mother. You think?

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

Jen you have got to checkout a post on The Talbots blog from Mel's it is titled Journal Entry #1, it's about a teddy bear and goes along the same lines of what your talking about it. Also I think you should be less concerned that you only have 2 kids and more concerned that you only have 3 siblings...think about it.

Roxey said...

I love that it's your journal!! You know how I feel about your journals!! I love Amy's comment, and I think you'll be just fine on the caretaker side! If we wipe enough noses and bums, we'll get ours in return! PS I NEED a Haircut! :) (and thanks for the sweet comments!)

Roxey said...

just thought I'd let you know that my blog has now become my journal too.....funny where we've both ended up with that! PS I STILL NEED a haircut! :)

Arin and Troy said...

Yeah, I am definately screwed...

 
design by suckmylolly.com