Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Throwing it all to the wind...

I've stopped doing all the normal life maintenance tasks the last 2 weeks. I've had some sewing commitments that have filled a lot, or all, of my spare time. I have had birthday invitations to make. I have been enjoying picnics with my kids, lots of trampoline time, soccer, cooking cupcakes, "laser fighting", library visits, bike rides, and all sorts of little kid games.  And best of all, we needed a vacation. 
I don't think I've put on makeup in 2 weeks or maybe even blow-dried my hair. My house could really use a good scrubbing. I've still got laundry to fold. Our meals have been far from gourmet. You know what though? It has all been a little liberating. It has been a newfound sense of freedom, and I have felt like a lived a lot more happy living in these 2 weeks than I have lately. I love that I have thrown all these tasks that I find so important every day completely out the window. I have done whatever I have wanted and whatever my kids have wanted. I think I will try doing that more often. I'll get back to maintenance, too, but I want to live more than just maintain more. 

No comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com