Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Someone's having a birthday tomorrow

Sam has been anticipating his 3rd birthday for quite some time now. It's 10:00 right now and
he is still laying in his bed wide awake giddy about his birthday. He can't wait.

Cute birthday invitation:







I always like making invitations; it somehow makes me feel like a better mother. However, I don't always have cute ideas, and I can never seem to find what I'm looking for online. This time I decided to go completely with my own idea. I'm very happy with how it turned out. I'm not sure why the last 2 pics are so blurry, so sorry. Here's the basic idea if you are interested...
It says:
"The time is here, it's hard to believe. Turn the circles to see who's three!"
On the front of each circle is a stamped letter, and when they are all turned right it says Sam. When you turn the circles over it has a pic of him at 1, 2, and 3. The circles are attached with fishing line and strung through an eyelet and taped on the back side and then backed with a coordinating piece of paper. A little time consuming but worth it. Feel free to use this idea, and let me know if you need more instructions!

1 comment:

Ashly said...

That invite is SO cute! I love it! How did his party turn out? And, I know what you are saying about the big boy bed! They grow up SO fast.

 
design by suckmylolly.com