Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A big boy already???

I didn't think Sam's ONLY birthday request would be so hard for me. All he has wanted for months was a big boy bed. I didn't think it would feel this sad...

We thought this was a big boy bed at 18 months

(he had to be moved from his crib b/c he 
was crawling out every night)

but this feels way too big for a 3 year old! 

(his new blanket is not finished yet and
his curtains aren't hung yet either)

I just don't want him growing up too fast, but I have a feeling he will always be older beyond his actual years. I think it's just in him. I know he will love the bed...we'll let you know. Oh, he told me last night he wants to saw up his old bed and throw it in the garbage but he wants to keep his blankets. He's ready, trust me. I'm just not quite there yet.

4 comments:

Arin and Troy said...

That is so weird to think of Sam sleeping in a twin size bed! He doesnt seem like he should be big enough for that yet! And please dont let him saw up his crib and throw it in the trash!! HA HA HA!

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

I love the bed! That is going to look great once you finish his new blanket. I wonder if this will make Emily think she needs a big bed...

Ganny said...

eatediHappy Birthday Sam. enjoy the new bed. Love ganny

Ganny said...

Whoops a few letters got in there ahead of happy Birthday.... Ganny

 
design by suckmylolly.com