Friday, July 11, 2008

July 11, 2007 10:20 am


this is where we were 1 year ago

10:20 am July 11, 2008- exactly 1 year later

Today Will celebrated his 1st year of life, and I must admit that I would choose where we are at today over where we were at a year ago at this time. He arrived 6 weeks early and gave us a bit of a scare. Thankfully he is healthy and strong now. He has brought so much joy and peace to our family. I never knew babies could be so mild and sweet! He truly has brought such a calming influence to our lives over the past year.
HIs major highlights of the year:
-grew 8 teeth
-learned to scoot on his bottom instead of walk or crawl; hence his nickname "Scooter"
-major snuggler and mama's boy
-finally loves playing with Sam
-can stand up in crib
-loves opening every door he can get his hands on'
-loves balls and ducks
-learned how to eat us out of house and home
-can say mama, dada, duck, dog, door, and ball
-I know there are so many other things I could add, but that would take forever to recap such a wonderful and productive year.

We had a rockin' party at our house tonight. We called it the "All you can eat Scooter pizza buffet" complete with a rubber ducky theme. He loved every duck he saw and ate 2 pieces of pizza. He liked his cake, but didn't devour it. He was very clean about the whole deal. I can't believe how his temperament was so apparent even in his cake eating skills.
I have truly loved having such an easy & mild baby. Now if he could just teach me a thing or two. We love his smiles and snuggles; we hope to have so many more wonderful years with you. Happy Birthday, Will!!

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Congratulations on making through the first year with two little kids! I bet it hasn't been easy! You're a great Mom. Sam and Will sure are cute.

Ganny said...

A "CUTIE" Love, Ganny

Ashly said...

How cute!!! Happy Birthday to Will. It's amazing how much changes in a year, isn't it?

Arin and Troy said...

Happy Birthday day little Will! I dont know how you are still so tiny you little piggy!

Roxey said...

Happy Birthday Will! That's so cute J! Did you get your package at your house?

Arin and Troy said...

I was just looking at this post again, and I noticed the nice pile of drool Will is laying in taking his nap! ha ha ha...

 
design by suckmylolly.com