Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Don't you wish you were there



Well, we were there... the American Idol Concert that is. It was pretty much awesome. As far as the show goes it wasn't quite as exciting as last year, but I liked the contestants better this year. There was only one group song, and they just counted down each contestant from 10 to 1 and they each sang 3 songs (with exception of Archuleta and Cook) so it kind of dragged on a little, and the anticipation to see David Archuleta was crazy. Our main reason for going was to see local boy David Archuleta so I could get some closure on my juvenile crush. I couldn't believe how many other people there must have been in love with him; the place was louder than you could imagine even if someone just so much as said his name on stage. It was so loud we couldn't really even hear his 1st song. We were not disappointed with him or with the audience's reaction. Just to reiterate, it was AWESOME to be there. Now I know many of you probably think we are American Idol nerds, and that's ok (we know we are actually pretty cool). I also know that there are some of you out there who might care about the rest of the details of the night, so the rest of the post is for those of you who care- even if that's only Jocee. :)
Chkizie, Ramiele, and Kristy Lee Cook were pretty much totally boring. I felt bad about how quiet the audience got. Oh well, they weren't my favorites anyways. Michael Johns was AWESOME!! Still shocked that he got voted off so early. I could see him being popular if he keeps up what he did last night. Carly was exactly how she was on the show, but I liked her all season so I liked her last night. Syeshsa bugged me on the show, and she bugged me last night. She was sooooo full of herself it was kind of hard to watch. She has a really big voice but that's about it in my opinion. I don't predict a big career for her. Brooke was the highlight of the night for me; she was soooo much better live than she was on tv, much less awkward, too.  Her voice was amazing. She opened with "Let it be", and I don't have words to say how beautiful it was. She also sang "Yellow" and did a fabulous job.  She was also prettier live than on tv, hard to believe I know. Ok, here's the shocker... Jason Castro was awesome!! Much better live. Wow, and he was so cute and had such a stage presence. There's a great chance that he could turn into my new American Idol crush. :) David Cook grew on me. I didn't like him all season, way too arrogant, but that didn't come out last night. He was an amazing performer with a great stage presence. He was a little too rockerish for me and more rockerish than he was on the show, too. 

Last but not least, David Archuleta... no question that he had the strongest, purest voice of anyone of all. His precious personality was exactly the same live as it was on tv, so sweet, innocent, and unassuming. He lacked a little in his stage presence, but his voice, good looks, and innocence made up for it. I don't think anyone was disappointed. He was totally humbled by everyone's reaction; he had a hard time holding back the tears and he kept saying "thank you" over and over. I just wish he would've sang "Imagine". Still loved it though, and we had a fabulous time feeling young and childless for a few hours. 

8 comments:

Jocee Bergeson said...

Thanks for the details! I've actually been wondering all day yesterday and today if you guys went. We didn't get to go, but Molly went so check out her BLOG. I am so glad to know that Michael Johns did great - I had a secret crush on him and just LOVED the way he sang. Sayesha, no surprise. I agree 100%. Go Brooke! I'm surprised she looked better in person and that she sounded good too. Wish I could have been there!! See you Aug 7th for hair...yeah! :)

Arin and Troy said...

Yes, you really are nerds!

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

I am glad that you guys had a fun time & that you think you are cool. I think you're both weird and American Idol is LAME!

Ashly said...

I had no idea you were that into American Idol. How funny! Glad you had a fun night.

Anonymous said...

Weird? Lame? Nerds? These people think they are so cool to call you names for appreciating the gold finally found in the mud of American Idol this year? Thanks for posting your review of the concert and especially of David Archuleta's performance. This Marylander (and ex-Iowan) is happy to hear that David is excelling in spite of the unending insults from the media and others who think they are "too cool" to appreciate the amazing voice of this 17-year old. Maybe AI should have every contestant be a rocker so they'd all be "cool". Anyway, just wanted you to know I appreciate this review. You ARE pretty cool!

The Nickell Family said...

I'm so happy you had a great time at the concert...even though I'm not an American Idol follower.:-D

It was so nice to visit with you over at Amy's...Come visit us in California anytime!

Roxey said...

how fun for you! I'm glad you got to go!

MaryKate said...

So, first...why don't you have their songs on your playlist - being an american idol groupie!!! Can I just say I love this about you, your so open about all the things you do, silly or not. I just think it is great. I didn't always watch the show, but when I did, I really liked Brooke and the australian dude, I can't remember his name. So, I'm glad they did good at the concert. I just think your the best.

 
design by suckmylolly.com