Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The first day of the rest of my life

Pete here, I have decided to enter the wonderful world of blogging with my first ever "blog" post. I like Star Wars, Lord of the Rings along with other space / Fantasy films and toys. The next step to me becoming a full fledged dork was to become a blogger. Here it goes. The reason for this post is I have decided to change careers. Here is a hint...



Yup....I'm going to be a teacher!!! My whole life I wanted to be a teacher. When it came time to decide on a career I was persuaded by the all powerful dollar. I have been a working "professional" for about 3 years and I am not very happy going to work in the morning. About 6 months ago I decided to pursue a teaching career. The state has a program that lets individuals get a teaching license if they have a bachelors degree. The program is basically night school that last for a year. At the end of the year you have 12 credits that can be applied to a masters. I know the first thought many of you are having is he is not going to make any money. Believe me I realize this. Growing up, I had many privileges: Hawaiian vacations, jet skis, motorcycles, condos and a big house on the hill. Wanting to recreate my childhood I seek ed out a career that would provide me with enough funds. After having kids I have found that it is not the specific activity that you are doing that provides the best memories, but it is the experiences you have along the way. For example a family does not need a boat to be together, a backpack, tent and a good fire will provide just as many memories. Once I have excepted this principle my life has become a lot less stressful. As cheasy as this movie is it actually helped me a lot.

I gave it to jen one year for Christmas (or Birthday) any who it has a good messege. I thought about it a lot as I was preparing to make the career 180. Well my fate as a blogger has just been sealed.

Yahoo!!!! summers off here we come. a href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjJQrXWCX1dEDobd3DLYcHaWApdnCX8EgZ2KRpVvrk98e-I4kEYM-m-u3y4m9xSCMxWhcnwm1PWhDduRLjN7c4ySnLvCc40yU2yRo8iOvVZAiJonxXNdJRYA3Opoub5fwBl7tVINZPteBA/s1600-h/TheSimpsonsWallpaper800.jpg">


If you haven't already noticed I am a Simpson's fan.

9 comments:

Ashly said...

Good for you for going for what you want out of life and not just for the money. I think loving what you do is much more important than bringing home a big paycheck!

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

Welcome to the blog posting world...keep the posts coming...we like to see what is going on inside that head of yours! Congratulations on having the courage to make such a big change. I think it will be a great lifestyle change and I hope it all works out the way you guys want it to because really,
"Isn't it about TIME?"

Arin and Troy said...

Welcome to the blogging world Pete! Does this mean you are going to start making comments on our blogs now??? One step at a time, I guess....

I'm glad you are following your dreams instead of your bank account. I guess it helps that Jen rolls in the big bucks! :)

Anonymous said...

Having a sugar momma always helps

Anonymous said...

Hmmm......Whats going on inside this head of mine? I'm a guy what do you think is going on up there. If you guessed parenting techniques you're a 100% correct:)

sarah jane said...

Hello Peter Peter . . . Who doesnt' love those kind of films and movies?? They rock!! I think you will be a excellent teacher. The students will love you and look up to you.
About the money issue, many people are forgetting what truly brings happiness and you are a lot smarter then they are.

Melissa said...

Congratulations, Pete. I'm happy for you being able to pursue something you love. If you love it, everything will work out.

MaryKate said...

You said it. Just so you know, I didn't grow up with any of those things and we didn't even camp that much. I can't even remember all the things we did, but I do remember being with my family a lot. Any ways I just wanted to add, I'm excited for you and your family!!!

Anonymous said...

Pete...its Kevin Allen. I loved your post! Congrats again on the career 180. Nice blog post !! Keep running!

 
design by suckmylolly.com