Saturday, January 26, 2008

What do you think of Sam's new look?


Sam has been interested in potty training for quite some time now. I have just finally gotten myself around to really helping him focus on it. He is doing great at it. This has become his new look: big boy pants, no pants on, and a treat in hand. He wants to wear the big boy pants because "only babies wear diapers". He rarely has pants on because he is constantly running to the potty anytime he feels the slightest urge to go to the bathroom, and we are too late when we have to pull the pants down. He gets a treat every time he actually goes to the bathroom; half the time I think he only goes because he gets a treat afterwards. I'm not quite sure how to explain the boots; he just loves wearing our shoes.
Last night I had to buy a box of diapers for Sam; I told him that was the last box I was going to buy him so he needs to start wearing big boy pants now. Well, that must have been exactly what he needed to hear. He has gone to the bathroom all on his own (without my prompting) too many times to count today. I am so proud of him!! It's hard to believe that I'm starting to have a child that's not so dependent on me. Kind of sad and kind of happy all at the same time!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

WOW! What a huge accomplishment! Congratulations! I think we have a ways to go in that department.

Ashly said...

good job! I'm totally impressed. I wish Clark was there!

 
design by suckmylolly.com