Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sam is sweet, too


I've been realizing these last few days that Sam is growing up so quickly. He is talking so much that it's hard for me to believe! His favorite word lately has been "why?" He questions everything about the way his world works. in an attempt to thoroughly teach him about how the world works I try to answer every "why" with a real answer. I don't think I ever used to talk this much in one day, even when I was doing hair every day!! We have a lot of fun though, and it makes me keep my mind sharp. His other favorite thing to say is "I'm sorry". Any time he gets disciplined for anything he immediately says "I sorry. I not do it again." It's so cute and sad that sometimes it makes me want to cry!
He's playing much differently now, too. He is starting to pretend. He is always pretending he is cooking lunch, going to the library, or riding a fire truck to Grandma Jane's. He is starting to sing a lot, too. Today he was sitting in the front room slightly out of sight. He was singing over and over "Thank you, Grandma Jane. That is so nice." After listening for a few minutes I went to see what he was doing. He had stuck a whole sheet of address labels to the hardwood floor. I asked him what he was doing, and he said "Grandma Jane is so nice for giving these to me." I'm not quite sure what he was pretending, but she had not given him the stickers. We had fun getting those off the hardwood floor.
The picture shows his greatest idea of the day; he wanted to take a bath in the bathroom sink. This is evidence of how big he is getting. Anyone found a way to keep them little forever????

1 comment:

Arin and Troy said...

It's so weird to see this picture of Sam and think at the same time, oh my gosh he looks exactly Pete, but also oh my gosh he looks exactly like Jenni! I really dont know how that works!

 
design by suckmylolly.com