Friday, November 30, 2007

our family's week in review

We had somewhat of an eventful week.
*We got our first real snow, and Sam loved it. All he wanted to do was be outside running in it and eating it. Will enjoyed it, too, but he enjoyed it from in the house.

*One random thing with Will was this silly rash. He just woke up one morning with this rash all over and by the end of the day it was covering his whole body. I called my PA friend and she helped me conclude that it was probably just a virus and that he would be fine. It was gone the next day. I thought, here we go again, another kid that's allergic to everything!!

*Pete sprained his ankle at work this week and it got pretty nasty. He's feeling much better now. I wish the picture did justice. He wasn't the only one hobbling around this week. I feel like I broke my toe. I was running into Will's trying to stop Sam from climbing into Will's bed right on top of him; Calvin got in my path, and I tripped and kicked the door. OUCH!!

*Will had his first full day at Amy's house on Thursday while I worked. I hated to leave him, but he did fine. I don't know how Amy handles all the kids, but she does great. We want our kids close, and they are.

*Sam has been trying his hand at hair; he has used almost a whole tub of pomade on his hair. His hair was a sticky mess, and he had it standing straight up. He thought that would be a great time to cut it. He used the clippers to cut out a chunk of hair. Thankfully I caught him before too much damage, and thankfully he had it "styled" like he did because you can't see where he cut when his hair is down. I knew it would just be a matter of time.

We had lots of fun times just hanging out as a family; we find ourselves doing alot of that. However, we did go out with some friends to dinner and the rec center to swim. Don't worry I didn't get in a swimming suit!! That body is long gone!! It was fun watching the kids though.
Just another great week for our family...

3 comments:

Arin and Troy said...

you sure got some cute pics of will and sam. Those are 2 cute little boys!! I can't believe Pete's ankle was only sprained, it looks aweful!

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

Ok, you have Mel & I both beat..this looks awesome. Thanks for taking the kids tonight. I hope they had fun and behaved.

Arin and Troy said...

I love the new look of the blog and the Christmas music! I might have to change my playlist, too.

 
design by suckmylolly.com