Thursday, November 15, 2007

happy now?

Sam has been asking me the most interesting question that has caused me to think alot. He will do something, anything (eat, change his clothes, bring me a toy, etc.) and then ask me "Mommy, happy now?" I wish I understood his thought process and what he is feeling on the inside everytime he asks me that. I have found myself asking inside if I am really happy and thinking about the things that really do make me happy. I have decided that I need to be a happier person and I need to focus on the things that really do bring happiness. Be sure to take the poll on the left so I can learn about the kinds of things that make people happy. Some of my favorite happiness quotes...

"Happiness is not in things."

"Happiness is not getting what you want, it's wanting what you have."

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us."

"The greatest part of our happiness depends on our dispositions, not our circumstances."

Maybe Sam should ask us all, "happy now?" and hopefully we can all answer that we are.

2 comments:

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

That's funny Sam is doing that now, Emily has been asking that for awhile I just haven't given it that deep of thought.

Arin and Troy said...

"Happiness is not getting what you want, it's wanting what you have." has always been one of my favorite quotes after seeing it on your refrigerator!

 
design by suckmylolly.com