Friday, November 30, 2007

recipe sharing

I love to cook, and I love trying new recipes. I thought it might be fun to share some of my favorite, creative recipes. Give them a try, let me know what you think, and feel free to share your recipes with me. I get tired of eating the same old things over and over. The recipe I'm posting today is one I've used for awhile. It's different, but it has a great flavor. This time I made it a little spicier than normal, and Sam was practically drinking the sauce and saying "I love it." He loves it spicy just like me. Let me know if you try it.

Enchiladas Negras (A Yucatan recipe)

2 lbs mushrooms, thinly sliced 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (7 oz) diced green chilies 1 1/2 c. green salsa verde
1 small onion, finely chopped 1 can (10 oz) red enchilada sauce
1 tsp cumin 1/2 c. sour cream
1 1/2 c. vegetable or chicken broth 1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
2 tbsp cornstarch 12 corn tortillas (6 1/2- 7 in.)

1. In a 5 qt. pan, combine mushrooms, chilies, onion, cumin, and 1/2 c. broth. Bring to a simmer over med.-high heat; cover, reduce heat, and simmer until vegetables are juicy and limp, 12-15 min. Uncover, increase heat, and stir often until vegetables are dry and beginning to brown, about 20 min. BE SURE TO STIR OFTEN OR THEY WILL BURN AND STICK!!
2. In a bowl, blend cornstarch with remaining 1 c. broth. Add sour cream and whisk to blend. Add to mushroom mixture and stir until boiling, 1-3 minutes.
3. In a blender, whirl beans, salsa, and enchilada sauce.
4. Pour 1 1/2 cups bean sauce into 9x13 baking dish. Stack 6 tortillas and cut in half. Lay 6 of the halves in casserole straight edges against casserole sides, then overlap 3 whole tortillas to completely cover bottom. Scrape mushroom mixture onto tortillas and spread level. Fit straight edges of remaining tortilla halves against casserole sides then overlap remaining whole tortillas to cover filling. Pour remaining black bean sauce over tortillas and spread to coat.
5. Bake in 350 oven until sauce is bubbling, 35-40 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake until melted, 3-5 min.
6. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 min. Serve and enjoy!!

No comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com