Wednesday, March 24, 2010

my trip to the bank

i went to the bank today.
i had the feeling i should do it another day,
but i didn't listen.
i don't know why i ever ignore those little feelings.
i didn't have my kids with me,
and i had an hour before i had to pick them up from play group.
i had a lot of things i was hoping to do.
instead i went to the bank.
i didn't go in the minivan.
i thought it made more sense to drive our old cr-v.
i won't do that again.
i turned off the car while making my transaction in the drive-thru.
when i was finished the car wouldn't start.
the battery was dead.
how embarrassing is that!!?
and how is that even possible!!?
however, thank goodness i bank at a place with very helpful employees.
the branch manager pushed me out of the drive-thru and gave me a jump so i could get home.
my precious hour was wasted.
i was sad.
i won't be driving the cr-v again.
maybe she is sad that i've replaced her,
but this was not the way to get my attention.
now i'm just mad at her.
i will listen to that quiet, significant prompting next time.

2 comments:

Ganny said...

OH MY. Maybe just get her a new battery. Sometimes "OLD" ladies just need a little bit of attention. AND more often, we DO need a jump start.

Roxey said...

I thought by the start of that post you were going to say the bank was robbed while you were there! :)

 
design by suckmylolly.com