Saturday, March 6, 2010

building a nest

my baby must be coming soon. i woke up on monday in a major nesting mode that has only gained momentum as the week has passed. everything seems like a chore unless it involves doing something for the baby. i've been folding her clothes, washing bottles, painting nursery furniture, and putting the final decorating touches to her room. not to mention wiping baseboards, cleaning blinds, and all the random cleaning that goes along with preparing for a baby.

at the beginning of the week i felt a little frustrated that the boys were standing in my way of all the projects i wanted to accomplish. it quickly dawned on me that they could nest with me. i've put a bottle of cleaner in sam's hand and had him wiping down cabinet doors while i scrubbed something else. it has kind of turned into the new routine around here, and i must admit it's not such a bad thing.

i'm thinking sam has caught the nesting bug for himself, too. tonight his prayer went a little something like this....
thank you that dad could paint maggie's crib yellow. please help dad to paint my bed like he painted her white dresser and yellow crib. i really want to paint my bunk-bed, too.

if he's so desperate to pray about painting his things, too, then i'm certain he is getting the feeling of what his crazy mother has been feeling this week and perhaps what i will be feeling next week, too.

3 comments:

katwalk said...

just hold on 'cos I'm wishing for the 28th but thinking she'll be a bunny on the 4th;)so 3-4 more weeks

Ashly said...

How long till you are due?? We want to see pics of her room too! Show us what you've been up to!

Suzie said...

I never went into nesting mode with Hudson but did with Claire when they said I'd be having her within days of my 36 week appointment. In the 2 or 3 days before I had her, I seriously went to town - the house looked awesome, I was packed for the hospital, etc. I just hope you make it until after my next appointment. ;)

My mom always went into "ironing mode" just before giving birth. She'd apparently go nuts and iron like crazy. My dad still teases her when she suddenly irons everything and asks her if she's going to have a baby.

 
design by suckmylolly.com