Thursday, June 18, 2009

who will help me bake the bread?


i've been on a mission to make our own bread. awhile ago i read a post on the handmade dress that spoke to me. i loved the daughter recognizing that they live the "slow way". it spoke to me and reminded me that i want to live the "slow way" in so many ways. plus, i, too, love homemade bread. i have been trying to tie this recipe into my weekly routine at least once. the recipe is quite simple and creates a dense but not too dense for sandwiches kind of bread. how to store it you might be wondering? i recently read that homemade bread will stay fresher if stored in a breathable yet tight fabric. that was a perfect inspiration for me to make these bread bags using the boys hands. it was quite simple. i used a dish towel that i cut in half and embroidered the hands on from a pattern i traced. hopefully the bread process, including these cute bags, will be a reminder of slowing down and enjoying the good things in life.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I think you are so cute. And a perfect mom. I need to be more like you! So how do i get your bread recipe? :)

Heidi said...

That is such a great idea. And darling bags to keep up the habit and reminder! Way to be! I also would love the recipe; do you use a kitchen aid to mix or what's your process?

Vanderlinden Clan said...

for those of you wanting the recipe it should be attached to the link on the green word recipe. if it doesn't work when you click on it, then let me know and i will post the recipe on my blog. and, heidi, i do use my kitchen aid with the dough hook for mixing. hope that helps!

Ganny said...

Hey. looks delicious. I can almost smell it baking. I enjoy baking bread, although now my friend Mrs. Rhodes insists she do most of my bread. I also have a dear friend Mrs. Smith that makes pies for me. Love Ganny

 
design by suckmylolly.com