Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Walker Family Hair Day

This has been a long awaited moment for my family; my brother FINALLY cut his hair today. He has been growing it since 2002 with not much more than an occasional (meaning like twice a year) trim. There were so many reasons he was growing it I don't even know if I knew them all much less could post them all. However, the latest reason was intertwined with a remodel project he was doing. He said he would cut his hair and shave his beard (I didn't mention that he had a beard that was probably 3-4 inches long that he would braid) after he finished his attic apartment. Well, the apartment is complete, so the hair came off today. So, drum roll please for the new look...


He looks totally different now, but I think it's a good different. He let me do whatever I wanted, so I chose a buzz for the dramatic effect of having it really long and then really short. Plus, we were able to cut enough to donate it to locks of love.
He said it felt good to have it off his neck; I think he was surprisingly pleased. There will probably be times he might miss it though, and perhaps he might feel sad that he can't be mistaken for Jesus by the nursery kids anymore. Despite any of that, we are all thrilled it's gone. I have to admit the long hair had started to grow on me a little, but I was so happy to have the "old" big brother Jeff back that I don't even think I will miss it.

His wife Nellie decided to make it a family affair, so she cut hers off for locks of love today, too. Let me tell, between the 2 of them I cut A LOT of hair today...

5 comments:

Arin and Troy said...

Oh my goodness, he actually looks like the old Jeff again! I didnt even realize that his hair was as long as it was in the pictures, I guess I had just gotten used to it. I do wish he wouldnt have shaved his beard off before today so that could have been in the "Before" picture. I also wish you would have posted a picture of Nellie's haircut.

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

Holy Cow!!! That is a major difference! He looks like Mom now, kind of. I hadn't noticed that Nellie's hair was that long either. They will both be n=more comfortable this summer!

Ganny said...

WoWEEEEE!!!!!!! I like it... Love ganny

Roxey said...

I can't believe that's Jeff! I want an after pic of Nellie too!

Anonymous said...

JERNINIFER
Its me D and I finally figured out how to get to the blog. The jeff stuff is most excellent! Cant wait to see him live. BUt lets talk about me and my hair. Its turning so light it will be white soon and I have to say something is wrong. It wont fall in place and is already shaggy on the sides. What Happenned? IT freaks me out. I need a buzz too

 
design by suckmylolly.com