Thursday, June 19, 2008

Capitol Reef

We recently made a trip to Capitol Reef with Pete's family. We discovered that Capitol Reef is Utah's little hidden secret. It was a beautiful place, and we had a fabulous time. We mostly just hiked, explored, fished, and picnicked. It was just a nice little get-away, and my kids were awesome! Sam could just live on vacation and be thrilled forever. He always loves the "new house", and he loves sleeping on vacation, too. Will loved playing somewhere new but didn't care much for sleeping somewhere new. Maybe someday we will get them lined up on their sleeping. :)
A few highlights: Sam loved playing with his cousins; he's just like a big little kid now, Will finally liked swimming and was so cute once he got warmed up, Sam went on a 2.5 mile and walked the whole way except maybe 1/4 of a mile, good hamburgers, and Sam's cute comment: He asked who made all the rocks. We told him Heavenly Father and Jesus, and he said "no they didn't. The workers with the tractors did!" He is truly obsessed with tractors and working!

5 comments:

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

Looks like you guys had fun...I want to go!!!!

Arin and Troy said...

You got some really cute pics of Sam and Will together, I love the one with the coke bottles where Will is looking at Sam. I hope I can have 2 little boys that can be brothers like that!

wendy m said...

What handsome little men you have. And one not quite so little! Sorry, I'm not on the computer much, but I've already been chastised by Arin so it should be better now. I remember doing that skit, but I hadn't remembered that you wrote. That's quite a talent! Speaking of the talented Jenny, I've been thinking that I need to make a special Utah trip to visit my favorite cosmetologist and her magic shears! We are going to be in Brian Head over the week of Pioneer Day, but they keep telling it's still pretty far. Too bad. Well, in the meantime, lots of love to you and your beautiful family.

sarah jane said...

Cute pictures!! Pictures like this make me miss home. Maybe next family trip you can come visit Alabama?? Sounds fun, right?

Ashly said...

That looks like so much fun! It reminds me of our trip to Arches earlier in the spring. Way to go!s

 
design by suckmylolly.com