Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sam's sleeping solved

I've struggled Sam's whole life getting him to go to sleep; I finally just read something that brought it all home for me...

"Different kids require different amounts of sleep. Recent research has shown that brighter children, particularly gifted children, may not need as much sleep as others. Too bad. They are bright enough that they may be more of a problem when they're awake. In reality, God has deteremined how much sleep kids need- and it varies from child to child." (Parenting with Love and Logic, p. 115)

Take it or leave it.... I'm going to take it! :)

4 comments:

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

so does this mean no more naps?

Vanderlinden Clan said...

no, we'll still fight the nap; regardless of how "smart" he is I still need the break!!!!

Ashly said...

Jen - I saw Rox at your family party over the weekend and she said that the best way to get in touch with you was to post on your blog. I've been trying to get in touch with you for a while to get my hair done. It's in bad shape! I've tried to email you a few times but maybe they aren't getting through. What should I do?

By the way, love the blog! Your boys are adorable!

Arin and Troy said...

How is the sleep thing going? I know there is always something going at your house, how about some new posts??? :)

 
design by suckmylolly.com