Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Joy in my Journey

Well, today was a day full of mundaneness. I don't know how many times I wiped snotty noses, cleaned up spills and toys, refereed sibling quarrels, had someone clinging to me, had to sit next to beds or read books, play toys, and on & on. You get the point. In the midst of all these mundane tasks, I had a revelation that will forever change my daily outlook. I realized that the day to day IS the journey, and if you can't find joy in all the little tasks that make up these little one's lives then you will miss it. You will miss the joy in the journey of life and motherhood. 

The most joyful moment of the day was Sam's comment. Will was crying & whining a big part of the day. When I thought I couldn't hear anymore I said "Will, please stop crying!" Sam responded by saying, "He wants Dad; he doesn't always want you." I asked him if sometimes he didn't want me to which he responded, "No, I always want you, Mommy." :)

9 comments:

Arin and Troy said...

HA HA HA HA!!!! I think that is the funniest thing I have EVER heard!

Natalie Que said...

Hey girl,

I didn't know if you would check back for my reply so here it is:

Yipes! I'm sorry they got burned! My Mom burnt hers too. 10 minutes isn't very long, did you make them super small or does your oven run super hot?

It takes some trial and error, hopefully 3rd time around will be the charm. The light at the end of the rainbow for me with this recipe, is that they are the best burned cookies I've ever had, since I've burned a few batches myself! I don't mind them a little crispy!

Thanks so much for posting your comment, especially where I was so vague on the cooking time in the first place! Chocolate cookies are much more difficult because you can't really rely on sight like you can with lighter cookies.

I know many people come read through the comments before they try a recipe, so I'm sure your comment will prove useful for many people in the future!

Please let me know if you give it a go one more time and you are successful! I hope so, this is one of my FAVORITES and it can be so good if the stars align and you get the right temp, right amount of smushing, and right amount of time! Once you get it once, it won't be so tricky.

Thanks again, and best of luck!

Arin and Troy said...

What Sam said was funny, not your entire post. I dont think he has ever said a more true statement!

Rebekah said...

I came across this today and for some reason it made me think of you. I think it fits perfectly with your post. Make sure to watch the little video.

http://www.happiness-project.com/

Ganny said...

Life sure AIN'T boring, is it???? Love Ganny

Vanderlinden Clan said...

Bekah- I will wipe my tears now; thanks for the touching video link. I couldn't have said it better myself, but that is my life. Thank you Thank you. Remember it for when you become a mother. :)

Ashly said...

How cute is he? And, you are totally right - - the mundane stuff is the journey when you are a mom!

Charity said...

Hey there. My name is Charity Jeffs and my husband and your brother-in-law Troy are cousins. And, we know your hubby from his mission in Indiana, and his uncle taught my parents when he was on his mission in Indiana. How cool is that? I know Arin already passed along the "it's a small world" story, but I thought I'd just post a hello on your blog. We are now in Peoria, IL, and we still remember having Elder Vanderlinden over to our house in Lafayette for dinner!!

Melissa said...

that's the good thing about kids, they love you purely just because they do.

 
design by suckmylolly.com