Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Seriously so blessed!!

I have admitted it here before, there are a few blogs that I stalk out there. My favorites are the ones where I get sewing ideas, but there are also a few that I read just to see how different life is for everyone. Well, today was not a good day to be reading those. I lost it when one of them wrote a post about how her 4 year son says the cutest things. For example:"Mom, can I clean my room during quiet time? There's a toy on my floor." 
I thought, "WOW, where have I gone wrong?!" and then proceeded to beat myself up all day about the lack of things I'm teaching to my kids. One thing led to another until I was totally drowning in it, begging for someone to throw me a rope or something. Thankfully, my sister did. She introduced me to this blog: seriously so blessed. I haven't been able to stop laughing my head off! More importantly I have come back to my senses and realized how grateful I am for my real, simple life. I am a good mom even if my kids don't have quiet time and want to clean up their room if in fact they did have it. 

2 comments:

Ashly said...

Jen, that is SO funny that you would mention that blog. I just read it yesterday for the first time ever - I linked onto it from another friends blog. It's funny, huh! And, don't beat yourself up - you are a great mom with wonderful kids. That's all you can ask for!

ps - did you get my email? We still need to find a hair time!

Melissa said...

Mac and I had been looking for that blog. We heard about it too. You're doing great.

 
design by suckmylolly.com