Saturday, May 24, 2008

Out with the old and in with the new

Well, my first sewing machine has been retired. Pete bought it for me on my 1st birthday as a married couple, and it was the machine that I really learned to sew on. I definitely got my moneys worth, not to mention valuable experience, but as my hobby and skill level has increased I've outgrown it. Kind of sad, but I'm so excited about my new purchase.
The Janome's favorite place


The burial (Pete even sang "How Great Thou Art" as I lowered her down)


After much research and prodding from my grandma, I popped for the Bernina Activa 240. Yes, folks, I have the Mercedes of sewing machines.

Bernina Activa 240


The new one




I know I will have to sew a lot to get my moneys worth out of this one, but I have high hopes. There are so many options, and I should be able to do all of my quilting projects totally on this machine. YEA!! For those of you who need projects done, send them my way; or those of you who want to get together for a sewing date, then give me a call. I'm excited to work. I'm really excited. Thanks, Ganny, for your support, enthusiasm, and encouragement. Click here to share her excitement. Now I'll be blogging even less and sewing more. :)

7 comments:

Dana Marie said...

What a beautiful machine!!

Stormy said...

Yay! Congratulations, Jennifer! Your talent to sew has always been one of the things I admire most about you. I still remember when you were preparing for Sam's arrival and sewing all the puppy nursery stuff...I thought that was the coolest thing a Mom could know how to do. I so wish we lived close so I could take sewing lessons from you... Enjoy your "newest baby"...

p.s. You HAVE to name him/her!

Meghan said...

that looks like some kind of machine but i'd never have guessed it was a sewing machine:) (says a girl who can't sew a stitch!)
i am excited for you but can't imagine your projects could get better - that quilt you made for charlie is incredible! ang told me all about both of them and how much they love them. you are a very talented, caring lady!

Arin and Troy said...

You really need to give me sewing lessons...

Ganny said...

It sounds like you are into the world of so much fun. I know the feeling. Wish you were closer, and you could help me out when I am bogged down in a bind. (LIKE ALWAYS) I am working on the last three shirts for the dance group in Germany. They are very pretty. I am very excited that you decided on a Bernina. I love all three of mine, and also the Bernina Sergers You really????????? do need a serger too. Love ganny.

Ashly said...

Wow!!! That is impressive. I sew just enough to know that it is REALLY hard to do it right. So, I'm impressed. YOu need to post some of your sewing project (old and current) so we can all see your talent!

Roxey said...

congrats! I'll be not only sending you projects, but having you teach me!! I'm excited for you,and loved ganny's notes and poems!

 
design by suckmylolly.com