Monday, May 12, 2008

last day to be 28

Yes, the title says it all. Today is the last that my age will be closer to 18 than to 40!! SCARY! Time sure has a way of sneaking up on you, and that has sent me into crisis mode today. This has been the most difficult birthday yet; let me try to explain why. I've always had this vision of what being a grown-up is for as long as I can remember. This image consisted of a very experienced, talented, strong, smart person. I've been realizing that although my age and circumstances certainly have progressed me to adulthood I certainly lack the discipline and skills that I thought adults would automatically have once they reached adulthood. Sadly enough, today I realized that the only thing that time alone does is ages you. If I want to have the skills that I thought would come in adulthood then I have to discipline myself to have them. Darn it; it looks like I have some work to do. I guess the good news is that I'm not 29 yet, not until tomorrow. I should live it up tonight, and oh I will- sacked out cold from old age in my bed. Just kidding, I know I'm not old yet, but the reality is I'm not getting any younger, and the way time has snuck up lately I will be 80 before I know it!

6 comments:

Roxey said...

It's true, you are totally old.....but I love you anyways ;)
We'll be getting our walkers out in the next couple of years, so get prepared for Medicaid!
Love you and happy happy birthday!!

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

I agree with Roxey...you are getting old, but if I say that what does it mean for me? 29 is not even old! I think you are being too hard on yourself because in my opinion, you are a talented, knowledgeable, well-rounded adult. There is always room for improvement in everyone so you should just keep getting better with age! Happy Birthday. I hope 29 is all you want it to be and more!

Ganny said...

YOU OLD??????? Boy I'm not, and not making plans on being old either!!!!! Love Ganny

Ashly said...

Ya, I felt the same way last month. 29 is a biggie - huh!

Brooke said...

Happy Late Birthday! Hope you had a great day!

Arin and Troy said...

I agree with Amy, you are being too hard on yourself! I think you have become the person you have always wanted to be, you should be proud! Have you gotten your new necklace yet? You need to do that quiz that I did on my blog, it was really fun!

 
design by suckmylolly.com